Visit IRS.gov for all your tax needs.
Avoid scam artists by following these tips:
To help disaster victims, donate to recognized charities.
Be wary of charities with names that are similar to familiar or nationally known organizations. Some phony charities use names or websites that sound or look like those of respected, legitimate organizations. The IRS website at IRS.gov has a search feature, Exempt Organizations Select Check, through which people may find legitimate, qualified charities; donations to these charities may be tax-deductible. Legitimate charities may also be found on the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) website at fema.gov.
Don’t give out personal financial information — such as Social Security numbers or credit card and bank account numbers and passwords — to anyone who solicits a contribution from you. Scam artists may use this information to steal your identity and money.
Don’t give or send cash. For security and tax record purposes, contribute by check or credit card or another way that provides documentation of the gift.
If you plan to make a contribution for which you would like to claim a deduction, see IRS Publication 526, Charitable Contributions, to read about the kinds of organizations that can receive deductible contributions.
For more on tax scams and schemes go to IRS.gov.
For more information, visit www.irs.gov/identitytheft.
Ayuda para las Víctimas de Desastres
Si usted es víctima de un desastre que le hizo daño o destruyó su propiedad, el IRS puede ayudar. Conozca las opciones disponibles y los pasos que puede tomar para recuperarse.
Small Business Taxes: The Virtual Workshop
Get help understanding and fulfilling your federal tax responsibilities.
· Completing Schedule C and other tax forms
· Filing and paying your taxes using a computer
· Running a business out of your home
· Hiring employees/contractors
· Setting up a retirement plan for yourself and your employees
· Making tax deposits and filing your payroll taxes using a computer
· Hiring of non-U.S. citizens living in the United States
· Managing payroll and withholding the right amount of tax from employees’
Use convenient features:
· Select and view lessons in any sequence
· View outlines or complete transcripts of each lesson
· Access links to reference materials
· Bookmark, share and like the lessons
This free workshop contains accessible content and is available 24/7 at your convenience. Search “virtual workshop” on www.irsvideos.gov.
Learn more about your tax payment options at www.irs.gov/payments. options Revenue Service payment